Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 3, 2008

With nothing better to do on my Saturday (besides homework) I decided to find a place I've never been and get there. I chose Apple Pie Hill in Tabernacle, NJ. I don't know the story behind the name, but it was interesting. I went there ready for a hike to the top, but unfortunately there was a driving path all the way to the top where the Fire tower resides.

I climbed to the top to check out the view.

It was pretty awesome.

This is the highest point in the Pine Barrens. And not just because of the fire tower, bottom of the fire tower is the highest natural point.

It was overcast, blocking some of the view but I could still see for miles in all directions. I need to come back on a clear day.

I waited several hours until sunset just in case the clouds cleared up and I would be able to get some nice shots, but when it started to get dark and I hadn't seen the sun at all I decided to get out of there. I saw a few people show up to climb the tower while I sat in my car and read.

I spent the rest of the night at home, watching Scrubs, reading and looking at the same websites multiple times.

No comments: