Friday, August 30, 2013

Aug 30, 2013

A little later than planned we got our start heading north toward Maine. There is always traffic, but we hit some crazy traffic jam on 95 near Stamford, Connecticut. I go crazy in traffic so I decided we should get off in Stamford and see if we could find a brewery. As it turns out there was one a half mile from the highway. And they were awesome.


Half Full Brewing is a little hidden spot near the highway. You enter and descend a metal staircase directly to the bar, where they offer cheap pours of their beers and you get to keep the tasting glass. I made friends with the bartender and one of the brewers, talking about local beer and distribution. I got to try way more beer than I paid for. It was all quite good except for one pale ale. That's not a bad ratio. Especially because the newest pale ale they had just tapped was one of the best I've ever had. It was fantastic. And it was cheap so I got a growler of it for $7. That's correct.


After spending an hour or so there we decided to brave the traffic once again, so I packed up my growler and we got back on the road. The traffic subsided after we got out of the Stamford area and we had pretty smooth sailing up through Massachusetts. Because of our delay it was pretty late so we decided to find a Wal*Mart and stop there to finish our drive in the morning.

No comments: