Thursday, August 15, 2013

Aug 15, 2013


I went up to Bridgeport, PA in the morning to have my interview with Legacy Photographics, even though they kind of already told me that I had the job. I had to take a test, which I thought was humorous. It was about camera settings, ISO, aperture, and things of that nature. I asked how I did and they said I put way more detail than they needed. They just wanted to make sure I had a basic idea of what a camera is and which way to point it. The interview went really well, and I felt comfortable talking to all of them. I left knowing I had the job so that felt nice.

I celebrated by going to Sedgley and playing a round of disc golf. I met a guy at the first tee and we played together so that was nice. I headed into the city and picked up some tickets for upcoming shows sans surcharge before crossing back over the bridge and meeting Jeff at his house to hang with him and Simon. We took a walk with the baby and got some food to bring to the park, where we sat and ate while we talked about business plans. Simon contributed by throwing his bottle on the ground.

I went to the Apple Store next to see if I could exchange my iPod since it just doesn't work anymore. I was able to use advice I got from a former Apple employee to do so. The saleswoman took my old one and brought me a new one that was actually bigger (160GB) and then she told me to have a good night and left. I slowly left the store, unsure if they were billing me later or something. By the time I'd gotten to my car I'd all but confirmed with my friend from Apple that I had stolen it. Or something like it. I guess she forgot that she had to ring me up? Oh well, free iPod!

Chuck came over later in the night to try some of the beers I'd brought home. We finished up the Vanilla Imperial Stout from Schafly and then had the Epic Cap'n Cromley's Pale Ale and some Cape of Good Hope. It was a good night.

No comments: