Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aug 20, 2013


I woke up in the morning and just decided that I was going to ride my bike to Ocean City and back. It was an absolutely perfectly gorgeous day and I was not about to stay inside. I put some air in my tires, got myself ready, and headed out. The clouds were so nice, and it was warm, but it felt good. The ride there felt great. I was moving pretty quickly, and I felt like I could keep going. Biking past the grassy inlets was a beautiful sight. These things make me smile.


After crossing the treacherous bridge into Ocean City I made it to the beach. I parked my bike, ate my banana, and had a walk down to the water. The beach was crazy crowded. I always forget how popular it is. Once I'd seen enough shoreline littered with people I headed back, filled up my water bag and was on my way back. I stopped to shoot a picture at the sunflower patch that I always want to shoot but never remember to.


The ride home felt slower, probably because a bike seat gets uncomfortable after a while. I stopped for a rest about halfway home and had my Clif bar under the shade of a big tree. I was listening to a podcast about extreme athletes so that helped a little. I was so happy to make it home and not have to sit on my bike seat anymore. I did a total of 55.66 miles in just over 4 hours. I was happy with that. I don't have any time to beat or anything, but the distance seems good. I still want to do a city to shore ride one day. Once I got home I fell exhausted into my chair where I remained, watching TV, for the rest of the night except for a quick trip to Shop Rite for food.

No comments: