Thursday, August 29, 2013

Aug 29, 2013


Chuck, Kate, and I decided to go up to Philly for a day of beer. So different from most other days, right? We first went to Yards and were actually able to try new beers for the most part. The Cape of Good Hope's new recipe was amazing. We also had the Pynk, a tart fruit beer with raspberries that is absolutely lovely. I could drink a lot of that. It's like liquid candy. Even the Cicada Belgian was pretty good.


We next went to the Abbaye for lunch. I got the summer veggie burger. It was, of course, delicious. I'm glad I decided to go for it. It has a lot of the same flavor as the best burger they used to have. Guacamole and onion is the best additions to it.

On our way back, we stopped at the new Flying Fish Brewery. It's a great renovation with a beautiful taproom. By law, we had to get a "tour," which consisted of an employee showing a TV monitor of the brewery room, pointing out the tanks, and then saying we could drink. They don't do free tasting or really anything cheap anymore so we each just got a beer. I had the Abbey Dubbel, and it was very good. We wandered around the taproom and the gift shop a bit while we drank our small glasses of beer and then we left.


On our way back we stopped at PB's for some cheap beers. I had a couple All Day IPAs. When we got back home Alex came over so I could do her headshots for a publication at work. We had some fun with it, but I believe I got some really good ones.


I spent a little time editing Alex's photos and then chilled out for the night. And had some peanut butter. Hurrah.

No comments: