Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Aug 27, 2013


In the morning I went to have a walk at the park and play disc golf with Ryan. It was a really nice and warm day. I had to drop my car off to get checked out at the Honda dealership around the corner from the park so I rode my bike back to the park to play a few holes on my own. When I was there I saw my car pull in. I figured they were doing the test drive, but then the guy parked and sat there for a bit so I walked over to him and opened the door. I didn't know the guy so he was confused. I told him it was my car and asked what he was doing. He put his phone away and said he was just doing a test drive. When I asked him why he was parked and texting he got awkward so I shut the door and he left. I biked back to the dealership and told the manager about it, especially since it was already an hour later than I was supposed to be there. I got the checkup for free, which is nice since nothing was done anyway.


I picked up Jenny later and went over to Menantico for a walk. Her dad told her about a path that leads to the "blue hole," a clear body of water that reflects and looks blue. We parked at a nondescript area and cut into the woods to find a large path. We followed it a mile or two and came upon the water. It exists! We walked all around the edge of it and then decided we wanted to go for a swim. We changed and hopped in to the nice water and swam around for a while. We swam at least halfway across the whole thing before we decided to turn back. I want to come out here more often to swim for exercise. I hope it's often just as empty. I'm glad we got to go.

No comments: