Saturday, April 25, 2009

Apr 25, 2009

We started the official recording of Argyle Gargoyle's yet-to-be-titled cd today. We began with the drums. I played along while Steve laid down the tracks.

We took a break for lunch and then Nathan got us back into the groove and we finished up. We got about five tracks finished with another three to go.

I took Jeff and gave him his "surprise" which was tickets to the Alkaline Trio/Saves the Day show at Starland Ballroom. He is officially a teacher now.. well he's certified. No more student teaching for him.

After sitting in a lot of traffic, we got to the show and had a few beers before going in. We sat and made words from letters in license plates to amuse ourselves.

We saw Saves the Day do a few songs and then Alkaline Trio came on and played a slew of songs. They have way too many cds so it's hard to hear the songs your really want to. They put on a good show though.

We were all really hungry after the show so we made our way to Maoz in Philly where it was insanely crowded. We got our falafel (Tracy's first) and I made a mess of myself while eating. It was really good.

I had a fun time and Jeff was surprised by the show so that's what I was going for. I have had enough driving for a while. Happy birthday, Jimmy.

No comments: