Monday, April 13, 2009

Apr 13, 2009

Katie had to make eggs in the morning to take some pictures of for a graphic design project, but I got to eat them.. it's okay to kill baby chicks for art.. just remember that.

After breakfast we went to the Pilgrim Monument to see what it was all about.

Turns out it was all about climbing awkward ramps.

It wasn't a long way to the top really, compared to other things I have climbed like that.

It was strange doing ramps instead of stairs though. Going around in circles feels weird after about thirty times.

We did finally make it to the top (and we got our sticker when we got back down..)

The view was cool but it was extremely windy and pretty cold up there. I was not dressed for the occasion.

You could see the very tip of Cape Cod jut out into the ocean. We didn't spend a lot of time up there because it was so chilly.

We went down into town to look for souvenirs and something to eat. We walked down to the pier and around the area but all I ended up getting was a t-shirt. We went to a pizza shop close to our condo and had eggplant pizza and jalapeno poppers.

After spending some time at the condo writing my paper for class, I went down to a spot that was recommended for sunset and took some pictures.

It was awesome but the place I wanted to get to was way down the beach a few miles.

I was headed to that spot on the horizon at the top right. It was a long walk in the sand.

I kept getting closer and the sun kept falling faster.

I was eventually stopped by the water, but I still managed to get a lot of great shots.

This is one of my favorites and there are many more coming that will be up on my other site.

After I filled up my memory card I just sat on the sand watching the colors in the sky change and listened to Gratitude. Then there was a long walk back to the car in the dark. It was a fun time, I really liked it out there. When I got back to the house, we went out to find the internet so we could send our papers to our Photo professor. We came back and got to sleep after that.

No comments: