Sunday, February 9, 2014

Feb 9, 2014



Day two we went to Okemo in the morning. We got a much earlier start this time, but it didn't help too much as we realized right about when we got to the resort that we had forgotten our passes at the hotel. We got them as part of a promotion and needed them to get our lift tickets soooo we made a round trip before we even started skiing.



We still had a pretty early start on the mountain and the place was amazingly less crowded. It was a gorgeous day and the conditions were completely perfect. We had gone up and down probably 4 trails in the time it took us to do one at Killington yesterday. Maybe slightly exaggerated but not much. The trails were great too.


We took a break at the summit lodge at one point after we got separated on a glades trail that I decided not to do because of the uncovered rocks and myriad other things that could kill or break me. We took a little break at the lodge and got some water before being offered a free hot beverage for taking a survey! I sipped on my delicious hot chocolate for a while and then we headed back out.


I didn't want to leave really, so we kept skiing for a while longer. I wanted to take advantage of all the trails we could. I would honestly have liked to spend the whole weekend there. I can't describe any more how perfect everything was.


After the ideal ski day we had to go to Applebee's for our usual dinner to cap things off. I tried a couple of beers they had on tap from local places that I'd never had before. Magic Hat's Chair Lift IPA and Long Trail Limbo IPA. Both were fantastic. Another nice night back in the sauna for a short time and then we hung out playing some games before retiring to bed.

No comments: