Friday, February 28, 2014

Feb 28, 2014


I worked my second day for the German class today and I was happy to be done. I had food and then headed up to Philly with Kate to meet Chuck and Alex for a drink. We were going to do Monk's, but it was so crowded we went down to Misconduct and had some tasty beers before heading to the Merriam Theater for Mike Birbiglia.


We got there just in time and met Jordan and her boyfriend at our seats. Birbigs was hilarious as always. He started the show talking about people who are late vs. those who are on time. He called the former "laties," which Chuck and I loved. The whole show was new jokes so that was great. We need to make sure we see him more often.


We went back to Misconduct for some more drinks after the show. Neshaminy Creek's Coconut Mudbank Milk Stout is possibly the best stout I've ever had. And the Helltown Mischievous Brown wants to take the crown for the brown in my book as well. We had a couple from Cigar City and an Avery Black IPA that I wasn't in the mood for, but then I had the Terrapin Mosaic Rye IPA. It might have just been that night and my really wanting good beer, but it was phenomenal. Exactly what I wanted. I need to have all three of these beers again soon. Top notch.

No comments: