Friday, February 14, 2014

Feb 14, 2014


I began my day driving up to Montgomery County to do a photo shoot at a legal aid firm. I did head shots and office shots. It all went pretty smoothly and easily. I was happy with the library head shot I did for the guy that was being honored at an award ceremony in the near future. Everyone was very friendly there.


I went for a short walk around the area after leaving the office to get some shots of the court house and some other local building. The giant piles of snow everywhere didn't help me getting around. I was parked on top of a mound of snow already so I was hoping I could get off of it back to the road.


I did, indeed, get back on the road and drove up to North Jersey to pick up Alex for our Valentine's Day date. We went to Montclair to Mesob Ethiopian. We ordered our food and caught up on the many, many things we hadn't gotten to talk about. It was nice seeing her again. She was also working on a photo project so she had her little tripod set up on the table, shooting photos once in a while as we sat.


The food was amazing, of course. It was served just like it has been in the past. The spicy lentils might have been my favorite. Or the cheese. It was all fantastic though. The set menu came with a dessert and tea as well so we were very full when we left there.


Next stop was the Upstairs Bar. It was really fancy and somehow we lucked upon two open seats at the bar. There were fun lights and mirrors everywhere. I really liked the design of the bar.


The main reason I wanted to go there was because they were supposed to have great cocktails. We both got a couple and were happy with them. I got that night's signature cocktail which came with pink peppercorns on top. It was great. I drink too fast to get expensive cocktails though so I switched to beer.
  

I talked to the bartender for a while about beer and he's interested in joining NJCB. I got Elysian's Split Shot espresso stout which was amazingly delicious! I also tried a Pilsner by Palm that was surprisingly great. We had a great night out, but it had to end eventually. I was set up on the couch in Alex's basement where I fell asleep with ease.

No comments: