Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Feb 26, 2014


My third day at Memorial covering meetings was somewhere in between. I had a good amount of break time so I watched New Girl and Sherlock as I hung out eating my yogurt parfait thing.


We went to The Abbaye for DuClaw's U Buy the Glass night early enough to get a good table. They had six beers on the menu. I had forgotten how good the Euphoria was, but I was happy to have that.


We ordered our food and the beers kept coming. There was the Venom Pale Ale, Bare Ass Blonde, Misfit Red, and Sweet Baby Jesus. I had forgotten about the Mysterium, but it didn't sound like one I would like. I was very wrong. Might be my favorite of the night.


People got drunk. Matt had to leave for his volleyball game and we stuck around until they stopped pouring. Once the raffle was over Kate had won a shirt and I didn't get anything. Earlier I had talked to the DuClaw rep, Chris, about being a big fan of their brewery for a long time so he told me to come out to his car after the raffle if I didn't win anything.


I did just that and he hooked me up with two bottles: Hell on Wood, which I'd never heard of, and Cocoa Fuego, which I actually haven't had yet. That was pretty awesome of him and just solidifies my love of that brewery and all that they do. After hanging out for a while longer we headed home to drop everyone off.

No comments: