Saturday, February 15, 2014

Feb 15, 2014


When I got up in the morning Alex fed me leftover pizza that her dad brought home from work last night and then sent me on my way to the Big Brew Beer Festival in Morristown. It was cold and icy in the parking lot and the people working there had no idea what they were talking about. They made me walk back and forth to each side of the building several times before I finally got in. I found my place at the Six Point Brewing table, said hi to people from the club and other reps I know, and then got settled and ready to pour some beers.


I really lucked out, as I was directly in between Brittney from Dominion and Caitlin from Oskar Blues so I had friends to talk to all day! That really helped when it got boring or when someone did something stupid. I can usually make friends with people pretty easily, but it helps when you already know them. The first session was good, but we needed to get out of there. Brittney and I inched our way slowly down the slick road in horrible traffic because of the snow to get to the Famished Frog for lunch. We split two sandwiches so we didn't have to decide what to get. It was delicious.


We came back a little late because it took so long to get to the restaurant and back, but we took up our posts and got back to the work. I was pushing Resin and Righteous Ale all day, but I got to drink some other things even though it was frowned upon (shhhh!) Newburgh Brewing's Brown Ale was fantastic, as was the KUKA Devil's Treat Stout by Andean Brewing. I need to go visit both of them when I get up to New York again.


As the day wound down I had poured many, many beers and my pointer finger was hurting from opening so many cans. We hung out while everyone rushed the doors so it would be easier to leave in the snow. I also followed the lead of the other people there and scored quite a nice stash of beer from what was left over on tables. Not a bad little bonus. I drove home down the Parkway to 295, listening to podcasts and genuinely enjoying the ride. I was completely tired by the time I got home.

No comments: