Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dec 29, 2011

I slept in for the early part of the day then Kate and I tried to find things to do early. We fail so I went out to get a new desk chair. It was long overdue. I picked out this nice "executive" leather chair and came home to put it together. Then I sat in it for a little while. I like it.

Later, we headed to AC to Tun Tavern to try all of their beers in the sampler. They have a lot of good ones, including the Maple Black Walnut Brown Ale. That and the pale ale are my favorites.

We got some food that was presented nice and fancy-like. It was all quite good. I'd go back. We had to catch the Jitney and rush back to the House of Blues to get to the show on time.

We came in while Bayside was on their second song. They played a set with very little talking and all music. It was good stuff. They played a lot of new songs, which I'm always excited to hear from them. The old ones kind of got old, honestly. Their set was great.

Taking Back Sunday was up next and we had to push through the boring crowd of people to get closer. They were really great musically and Adam was entertaining as ever.

They played all but three songs off of of Tell All Your Friends and they played a lot of new stuff. Their oldest and newest stuff is my favorite so that worked out nicely. "Existentialism on Prom Night" wasn't even so bad this time around. I was kind of excited to hear it. Adam ran off through the crowd for the last two songs, singing to the crowd from atop the bar. It was hilarious.

After a great night out we headed home. Dinner and a great show were definitely a great birthday gift from Kate. Thanks!

No comments: