Monday, December 26, 2011

Dec 26, 2011

Ryan and I did the gym early. There were more people there than we were used to later in the afternoon. We did back and arm exercises mostly. I went to Chili's with Kate to have lunch with her dad and brother later before he headed back to Florida.

Shannon and I headed up to Starland Ballroom and sat in the parking lot having our Golden Monkeys while we waited for the show to progress. We got up there earlier than we planned. Shannon was very emotional about this being her last Thursday show.

We went in and caught the end of mewithoutYou and then waited for Thursday to come on. They started with a new song, but the second was "For the Workforce, Drowning." I always love hearing that song live. It's so powerful.

They played a long, amazing set. The new songs were great and there was a great mix of older stuff. They were very thankful to everyone for coming out all these years to the holiday shows and everything else. They played "War All the Time," which made me very happy. They ended with a heartfelt message before playing "Stay True" (I cried a little) then their closing pair of "Jet Black New Year" and "Turnpike Divides."

The show was amazing and a nice ending, even though I have another show this week. Shannon really enjoyed their last show through tears though. I don't blame her. All good things must end.

No comments: