Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dec 28, 2011

I wanted to go for a run in the morning, but the wind was crazy. I went over to Parvin against my better judgement to run there. I wore warm clothes and it wasn't too bad, but the water was crashing in waves and splashing up on the path at some parts.

Not much to speak of for the rest of the day until we went to The Abbaye for Troegs U-Buy-the-Glass night. Kate, Shannon, Jeff, and I all started with the Pale Ale and worked our way up through the Java Head Stout and the Troegenator. All were good.

Tracy and Tina joined us a little later to hang out before the show. Kate won a bottle of beer during the raffle with a little Christmas tree on it. I couldn't even finish my vegan meatball sandwich. Tracy, Tina, and I left after the even to go to the Electric Factory, leaving the rest to drink.

Valencia's last show was a great show. They played plenty of songs off of each album, focusing mainly, it seemed, on We All Need a Reason to Believe, which was fine with me. I had a good time in the crowd singing along. I wish I had seen them more often.

After the show I walked back to The Abbaye to find Shannon, Kate, and Jeff pretty drunk and laughing at a back table. We paid the bill and dropped Jeff at the train station and then headed home listening to music loudly.

No comments: