Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mar 8, 2014




We started the day with a quick stop at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and then down the road to Attitash. It was only about fifteen minutes from the hotel. We put our stuff on at the car and walked over to get started. For a Saturday there weren't too many lines at the lifts and the conditions were great. It was so warm from the start that I was taking off my gloves and hat on the lift. The view from the lift was amazing, and when we got to the top there was an observation deck that Brenda and I climbed for an even better view of the gorgeous White Mountains.


We skied a few trails on the Attitash side and then headed over to Bear Peak, which required a long flat push to get there. Bear Peak had a lot of ice on the few trails we tried out so we headed back over and spent the rest of the afternoon at Attitash. It was a great day of skiing, but when the sun went away at the end of the day it got quite a bit colder so we were ready to go.



We headed back to the hotel to change and then headed out for dinner. We went to Moat Brewery & Smokehouse to satisfy my desire to try their beers and Ryan's taste for ribs. We were told there would be over an hour wait, but it turned out to only be about twenty minutes! We got lucky. Bree and I split the beer sampler; they were all great! The Bone Shaker Brown, Matilda's Rage Red, East Intervale IPA, and the Cathedral Ledge Lager were somewhat tied for a favorite. I was very impressed. The food was great as well. We had hush puppies, and I had a delicious sandwich.


We headed back to the hotel after eating and went down to the hot tub after a while. The indoor hot tub was nice, but then we moved to the outdoor one. It was much better. Something about being outside in a hot tub is great. It was easier to cool off when it got to be too much. This is one of many attempts at getting a good shot of us. Brenda and I returned to the room to hang for the night. She made some awesome kava stress relief tea and put on some relaxing music while she did yoga. I sat in bed sipping my tea, and I really did feel relaxed and happy. It was a nice end to the day.

No comments: