Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mar 30, 2014


I didn't sleep very well, but I actually felt a little better in the morning. I got up and made breakfast then got my stuff all ready to get up to Philly by 7 to shoot the Love Run. It took me forever to find parking and then I had to bike down to the museum to meet Charles. Sure enough it rained for the entire race. I shot at Logan Circle for the beginning and my hands were already frozen.


I came back to the finish line for the last two hours of the race to catch all the finishers. It was a little better there at first, but then it got worse and the rain started coming down really hard for a long time. I was completely soaked and cold. I was shaking and my arm was hurting from my heavy lens. After I was cleared to leave I still had to bike back to my car, where I crawled in the back and quickly changed into my dry clothes.


That was the most miserable I've been in a long time. I couldn't feel my feet for a while. I didn't think it would be that cold. Why such bad luck for outdoor activities? The weather sucks here. I came home and returned to my bed for a nap through the afternoon. I didn't do much besides watching Arrested Development and editing some photos.

No comments: