Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nov 19, 2011

The big day had arrived and we all met at Jeff's in the morning to put on our tuxes and get ready for his wedding. One problem: my tux did not come with a bow tie. Jeff was not in the mind to hear that so I had to go make it right. I went to the rental shop in town and got one and all was well. I came back and suited up with everyone else. That was somewhat stressful.

The photographer arrived and we went outside and took a bunch of group photos that I think will turn out really amazingly. I can't wait to see them.

We waited for a bit and the limo finally pulled up out front to pick us up. It was classy. It had some crazy flame pattern and lights in the roof and places for liquor (but no actual liquor). It was a short ride to the church but it was fun.

After ushering people to their seats the ceremony began. Sam was beautiful coming down the aisle and I don't think there were many dry eyes as they took their vows. It was a great ceremony even through all of the readings and such.

Jeff and Samantha Elbertson! We stood alongside as everyone filed out of the church and greeted the bride and groom and the parties. Then it was off to the reception!

The reception hall was really beautiful as well and we got some appetizers before the wedding party was introduced one by one and we danced our way into the dining room. The food was amazing, with veggie lasagna and eggplant. We got to drinking quickly of course and then started to dance. It was a lot of fun out there. A glass was broken by Chuck's feet and someone showed off their Michael Jackson dance skills.

Between dances I'd be over at the bar having some drinks, talking to Jordan or Emerson helping him plan his trip to LA. We had a lot of whiskey and ginger ales. The reception was a wonderful success and very classy.

Kate and Sarah picked us up and we were very drunk. I didn't feel well once the car started moving and I fell asleep on Chuck on the way home. They put me to bed and finally let me go to sleep when I'd lie on my side. Quite a night. Congratulations Jeff and Sam!

1 comment:

Sam Elbertson said...

I just found these posts about our wedding. How fun! You made my day!