Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov 11, 2011

I went to Parvins by myself for a run one time around the lake. It was a little chilly so I went with the long running pants this time. It always gets hot when I'm actually running so it's hard to decide what to wear.

After I showered I went to Kate's while she got herself ready for the karaoke benefit later that night. I felt slightly underdressed but I wasn't too concerned.

We got to the Centerton Inn and took our seats at the table as some of the first people there. I had some soda and added the rum I brought myself. Classy, I know. Sarah and Chuck got there shortly after us and we got to get up for some food after a few speakers.

The karaoke competition began and a few people went before Kate. She sang "On My Own" and she did really well. There were some other really entertaining people as well. It ended with a Boyz II Men tribute with a few singers that was great and really funny.

Though Kate didn't end up winning we had a good time and came back to her house to hang out for a while after the event. We picked up some beers and talked about how the event was rigged.

No comments: