Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nov 12, 2011

I went up to Bethel Mill Park in the morning and met Christy for a walk around. After we talked for a while we went over to Clancy's for lunch. I got the crab quesadillas which sound a little strange but they were great. I want them again.

I came home for a while and made some last minute preparations for the night and then gathered the troops and headed to Collingswood to pick up Jeff to embark on his bachelor party! After a somewhat frightening journey through the backstreets of Camden, we found our way to the bridge and started at the Abbaye. We had some good food and some merry beers before we took our leave and headed around the corner.

Of course, it was a bachelor party so I can't tell you everything that happened... well, okay I'll let it slip. We danced to N'Sync's "Bye, Bye, Bye" on the way to the North Bowl. Shhh. The wait for a lane at the bowling alley was crazy so we just went looking for another bar.

We ended up at a soccer bar not far from there, drinking some good beer and spilling some too. It was a pretty chill place, but we all had a good time chatting and hanging out.

We came back to Jeff's to spend the rest of the evening, where he presented us with our gifts. We each got bags with a bottle of Jameson and a different bottle of beer. Chuck got an Arrogant Bastard but I got the Double Bastard. Very nice. I also got the added gift of a bracelet that says "Best Buds." We'll be bracelet buddies! (Friends, anyone?)

We spent the rest of the night drinking Magic Hat and playing Telestrations in the living room. We also attempted lifting one another like a barbell. That didn't go too well. We are weak. Or heavy. Or both.

We had a really good time and I hope Jeff did as well. I think we sent him off with a good night with friends.

No comments: