Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jul 7, 2009

Katie and I left in the morning for Ocean City to take surf lessons at 7th Street Surf Shop. Well, the lessons were on the beach with this guy. He was a really funny guy and a good teacher. We learned the proper way to stand and paddle on the beach before heading into the water to try it for real.

It's harder than it seems but I got up once! Yeah, only once during our lesson but I plan on going back to try again. It was a lot of fun anyway but it was hard to figure out when to take a wave. Maybe with some practice I'll get better.

We stopped by to play some shuffleboard on the way out. We played two games. I feel like I'm starting again every time I play. I won once, though...

Later, we went to Yakitori Boy for Chuck's birthday. He opened some gifts and we had plenty of sushi. Katie and I split the Spider Roll. So good.. I had a few beers too.

For dessert, we had some cupcakes made specially for Chuck by Sam. How nice..

We stayed and talked there for an hour or so after we were done eating and then wandered out. We took this picture on Arch St. walking back to the car... looking at it now, it looks like it could be a promo picture for a new USA show.

We went home and Katie had to pack for her trip to North Carolina so I took a nap on the couch for a couple of hours. After she was finally done packing we made some sandwiches and I took her to the airport. The sun was coming up on my way back and the city silhouette looked awesome.

I got home around 6:30 and happily went to bed.

No comments: