Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jul 23, 2009

I went to the doctor in the morning where I was told to walk on my leg instead of staying off of it and that I would start physical therapy when I got back from my trip. Much better sounding than anything I had heard so far. I went home and packed for the trip which took about ten minutes and Ryan came over to play Nintendo for a while before we left. We got dropped off at the airport and got into the terminal early so we sat in the handicapped seats to wait.

They let me board the flight with the first class people because of my injury but it was just a nuisance because I had to stand up as everyone else in the plane got on so they didn't trip over my leg. Our plane took forever to take off because we were in line behind so many other planes but we finally got in the air. I read a lot of House of Leaves on the flight and tried to sleep a bit; no luck.

After what seemed like much longer than a five hour flight, we landed in Las Vegas. I walked out into a terminal filled with slot machines. We got in line for a taxi that took us to the MGM Grand where we were staying. After checking in and meeting drunk girls that locked themselves out of their room and had fired automatic weapons earlier in the day (they showed us pictures,) we got up to our room and got to bed for the night.

No comments: