Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Aug 19, 2008

Jeff picked me up in the earlyish morning time and we headed down to Ocean City. We met up with Katie at the shuffleboard club to play a game. We met Al, a member of the club that got there too late to join the tournament, who taught us the right way to play. We played three games, ending with me and Katie beating Al and Jeff.

After getting some cheap shuffleboard club grub, we went down to the beach where we thought we'd play volleyball. I changed into my bathing suit and we went to meet up with the cousins.

We went in the ocean for a while and the water was amazing. It was cold at first, but much better than the last time I went. Katie's cousins and sister didn't feel like playing volleyball, so we just headed back to the car after we got some water.

We picked up Ryan when we got back to town and went to the park to play some volleyball. It was me, Katie and Irina vs Jeff and Ryan. They beat us. It was fun most of the time though.

After everyone got showered, we came back to Katie's for a sushi party. Jeff got to be the one that fanned the rice this time. It's a newbie job.

Most everyone got to make their own rolls if they wanted.

I decorated the table with chopsticks.

I made smoothies and we sat down to eat. It was delicious as always. Sam learned to make vegan spicy tuna sushi and everyone seemed to really like what they got.

We sat around after eating and watched some It's Always Sunny before deciding to head out. It was a good time with good food.

1 comment:

Andrew Spong said...

OK, that's the second time you've mentioned vegan spicy tuna sushi, and now I want to know what you're putting in the damn thing :) Point me to a recipe somewhere, could you?