Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aug 12, 2008

I met up with Katie, her sister and her cousins in the morning and we headed out in her car. We got giant bagels from Bagel University and then we were on our way to New York.

Once we found a parking garage, we headed into Central Park. We stopped at the Alice in Wonderland Statues.

We enjoyed the nice benches and scenery.

We watched this guy rollerblade in circles while summoning pigeons to land on his hand and eat food.

Then we went to my favorite Central Park overlook of Midtown Manhattan.

Here is a shot without people in it.. I think the other one is better actually. It looks different without the ice skating rink at the base of the hill.

Continuing the postcard tour of New York City, we went by Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall.

We even saw the Naked Cowboy.

And the giant billboard that is Times Square.

Then Katie's cousins finally got to do what they really wanted to: shop at stores that exist in every other city in the country. So we went to H&M... and it started raining before we got out. Katie and I stood with the people under the Old Navy overhang until it calmed down and eventually stopped, then we got some food at a buffet place and got on the subway.

We had gotten tickets to a stand-up comedy show at Stand-Up New York, the club that was used in the intro scenes for Seinfeld.

Being a huge Seinfeld fan, I had to get up on the stage. The place was really cool and small. The drinks were outrageously priced and there was two drink minimum, however. All of the comics and host were really funny. I'm glad we went.

Even better, we had to fill out cards for a raffle to win free shots and I won! They called my name and I won free shots for my whole party! We got our six shots of some kind of vodka (I think) and had them out in the bar before talking to some of the comics that performed and heading out.

We found our way out of the city and headed home after my most tourist-y visit since I was about seventeen, but also my most fun visit.

No comments: