Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mar 7, 2008

I was up early on a Friday for once to meet people from my Design class at Rowan for our field trip. Max, Kim, Alex and Chris piled into my car and we headed to the Perlman Building at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The museum was pretty disappointing, even for a museum. The one thing I did enjoy was the Ansel Adams photography gallery. I found a few pieces I liked, including this one, above, which I recreated (Kara Walker, The Emancipation Approximation, Scene #18.)

After we finished our assignments, we headed home and stopped at Uno for dinner. We had a lot of fun overall.


Once I got home, I had to change and get ready to head right back to where I had come from. Katie and I went to Philly to see Emery (below) with Mayday Parade (above) and As Cities Burn. Once we finally found a parking spot and got inside, As Cities burn was already playing. We watched the last few songs of their set, which was really good (I need to listen to them more.) Mayday Parade played next, to a very warm reception. They are just good pop music.



Emery came out last, meeting the demands of a pit-loving crowd. They played all the favorites, new and old. There was only one song they didn't play that I wish they had. Maybe next time.

We shuffled out to a slightly less rainy Philadelphia than before and headed home.

I sat and listened to the newest Straylight Run cd in my car all the way through because I just felt like it. Only a few songs on that CD really interest me. I think I keep trying because all of their other work is great and I want this to be the same.

No comments: