Monday, March 3, 2008

Mar 2, 2008

I was up early today. Went to Katie's and we rounded all of our stuff up and filled out the paperwork, then headed to Rowan for our interviews. The portfolio interview, on paper, seemed like it would be a grueling competitive review in front of a board of artists. It turns out, I just had to line my work up against a wall and one teacher came to talk to me about them. She didn't ask any difficult questions or anything. It was pretty laid back and she told me I got in.

Katie did well also. The other few people that were there had considerably less work than was outlined in pamphlet as required so I'm not really sure what that was about. Maybe they just won't get in.



After the interview, I went up to the gallery to take another look at some of my favorite student artwork. I'm not sure how much longer it would be there so I wanted to check it out again. All three of the ones showing here are amazing to me. Very modern and original.

Once I got back home I stayed up for a little while but I was tired, so I went back to sleep for quite a while. I got up later looking for something to do and ended up going to Katie's friend's house for their weekly party. We played "7 Up." Unfortunately, it wasn't the school game where you put your heads on the desk and have people push your thumbs down. No, this was a confusing card game that ended up being mildly fun in the end.

Before calling it a night, we went to my grandmom's and I had a taco while we watched The Sixth Sense. Katie fell asleep in the middle of it and once it was over I woke her up and came home. I have class in four hours, should be getting up in a little more than two.. I don't know if I should try to sleep for a while or not.

No comments: