Sunday, March 5, 2017

Mar 5, 2017


Becca and I headed out early to Jack Frost. I got my books on surprisingly easy and went out to get my lift ticket only to be approached by not one but two people trying to sell me tickets right at the window. Both were ushered away by security people, but I followed one of them into the lodge and got a ticket from her saving $18. Whatever works. The mountain is incredibly small. I was surprised that I was already at the bottom when I did a blue run to start off. Becca and I did a couple of the baby greens and they were like nothing I'd ever seen. I could see the bottom of the lift from the "top" of the hill. We had to stop doing that quickly.


We got on longer greens and blues pretty quickly and Becca did really well. We did more blues and it wasn't long before I convinced her to go on a diamond. She fell once, but not because of skiing badly, so she was more confident about her ability. I was really surprised at how quickly she picked it up and improved. We met up with the others and Laura after a while to ski with them for a bit. We went inside for some food and then spent the rest of the day on blues and diamonds. It was more fun than I expected, but we were ready to go by mid-afternoon.


On our way home we decided it was too nice to not stop for disc golf at Little Lehigh Parkway. It was a nice way to end the day outside and there wasn't really anyone else there. I also found two discs on the course.


We hit Wegman's for a nice dinner from the hot bar and then went to Vegan Treats, of course. The ice cream was hazelnut and chocolate. So amazing. We also got a couple of the cookies for later.


One last stop before heading home was Sterling Pig Brewery. We had them at the Abbaye's event a couple months ago so we wanted to try more. The space was pretty nice and the beer was good. The lager was one of the best, but everything was pretty good. There was also a local cider on tap which was awesome as well. The bartender was really nice and she talked to us about other local places. This is definitely a great place and the bar is set up with big open air windows that could be opened in warm weather. It was a nice last stop.

No comments: