Saturday, March 11, 2017

Mar 11, 2017


I got to the Insane Inflatable 5K early and got things set up. I had to rig up pieces of a tripod to hold the studio lights, but I got everything working. The photographers showed up and we walked the course to figure out what obstacles to shoot. There weren't a lot of great options unfortunately. This isn't like the ROC Race. Much smaller and less unique obstacles. We found the best places we could and I went back to start shooting the studio. I got busy in the afternoon, but it was still somewhat slow overall. The day went by pretty quickly and I was happy to be done.


After I got some food from Tropical Smoothie Cafe and uploaded the photos I went to the International Disc Golf Center at Wildwood Park north of Augusta. The Pro Shop was full of disc golf memorabilia and statues, discs, and photos. It was kind of cool to be in a place that had so much stuff related to the sport. The guy at the desk was really great and helpful too.


He suggested I play the Ed "Steady" Headrick course first. It was a great course with elevation changes, water hazards, and all types of shots around trees. I put my disc in the water shoot downhill over a piece of the lake. I thought it was gone for good, but I managed to get it back with a log and walking my hands into the deep mud.


When I got done under an hour he suggested playing the back nine of each of the other courses to get a little taste of everything. I played the back of Warner first, which was a lot of up and down hills, tight shots, and over a deep valley with a stream. I like this course a lot too. The Jackson course wasn't quite as hilly, but several holes threw over a treacherous ravine that I ended up in only once somehow. Some of the shots were on really steep edges. I finished up early, went to get myself a buffalo chik'n wrap and an amazing smoothie for dinner, dropped off my flash drive at the FedEx store and then headed to the tiny Augusta Regional Airport. My flights home weren't bad. We actually landed early, but the luggage took over twenty minutes to arrive and then we waited almost forty for the economy parking shuttle. I wasn't happy by that point, but I was really happy to be home and going to bed.

No comments: