Thursday, March 2, 2017

Mar 2, 2017


I had a nice, fast day of meetings with Pete at Memorial with lots of down time and I was done by noon. Becca and I decided to use the nice day to go outside after some discussion. I wasn't feeling great in general, but I'm really glad we decided to go to Parvin. Since I didn't feel like running we took the red trail for a walk. It was muddy but passable on the little bridges. It feels like a whole different place over there. We got to a section where fallen trees and muddy swamp made it impossible to see where the trail really was so we had to bushwhack a bit to find our way. We eventually made it back onto the Black Oak trail and took that the rest of the way to meet up with the main loop for a five mile hike.


I went home for a while and didn't do much until Becca came over to meet me for a run in the neighborhood. It was really nice weather for it and I was feeling great. I just wanted to get a little of the run on the riverwalk because it was such a beautiful night. After we crossed the river bridge I wanted to make it to 5 miles so I pushed it until I got back to the house. I've been slacking lately so I need to remember how good this was and get out more often.

No comments: