Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9, 2012

I wasn't able to get a job again during the day so I tried to be productive with photo stuff. Not sure how successful I was. I met Ryan at the rock climbing gym in the afternoon and we spent a couple hours climbing and trying to do harder routes. I feel like I'm getting better. We went to Iron Hill for dinner and I got an amazing black bean burger.

I headed into Philly to Gunner's Run where I met Omarey and waited for the show. Nick from a band called Victory in Numbers played a few songs first and I really liked his songs. He also did a cover of "Shoulder to the Wheel" by Saves the Day and a Lifetime song. I need to look him up.

Geoff Rickly came out next, seeming shy. It was odd seeing him on his own, but he held it together and played an interesting variety of Thursday songs including "Cross Out the Eyes" and "Standing on the Edge of Summer" before taking a short break.

The songs were really good quiet and fun to sing along to. I was excited to hear him play "How Long is the Night?" and then finish with "War All the Time" into "Turnpike Divides." It was a really nice set, albeit shorter than I had hoped, and he's a great guy. I really hope to see the full band again one day.

I was in a strange mood and felt like walking and listening to more Thursday songs so I grabbed my iPod from the car and took a walk around the city in the rain. It felt good to walk somewhere different.

I was pretty beat when I got home and I passed out quickly.

No comments: