Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012

Ryan and I made our way up to the rock climbing gym in the early afternoon and did belay climbing for an hour or so. I like it more than the bouldering walls since I feel more comfortable and there's more to climb.

He dropped me off at Iron Hill Brewery around the corner where I met Sam, Jeff, and Jordan for the Cinco de Mayo Home Brewer's festival. It was ten bucks to buy a glass and then get it filled with as much home brewed beer as you wanted. I started with an Orange IPA and a Plum IPA, both pretty good. Soon after Kate, Chuck, and Erika showed up to join in.

I found Seth and he gave us a taste of his English Breakfast stout that is in the running for Iron Hill's contest and I think it should win. Mostly so I can drink more of it, but it was absolutely the best beer I tried there. Runners up were the Habanero IPA and a Triple Chocolate Stout. I love craft beers for the unique tastes. We had fun hanging out there a few hours and talking until they were starting to shut down.

We hung out at Jeff's for a short time and got some food before crossing the bridge to go to XFinity Live at the sports complex to see the Reel Big Fish for free! We weren't there long before they came on stage. It took the crowd a few songs to warm up to them, but it was a classic, if not slightly shorter, RBF set and we were dancing in the pit in no time.

The show got over early, but we came home after anyway and I spent the rest of the night inside. A slightly disappointing ending to an otherwise really fun day.

No comments: