Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12, 2012

After a few checks in the morning I got my stuff together and headed out to the groom's parent's house for the first of many, many photos. I shot photos of him with his parents as they got ready. I got some pretty sweet shots of them polishing their shoes. Then I went to Kim's for the bridesmaid photos and I think we got some good stuff in the yard in their dresses.

We headed to the farm next where I shot some of the setup before anyone got there. We took some photos inside with people and then as people began to arrive. At least I felt comfortable with the bridal party so I didn't feel like I was totally alone.

The ceremony was very nice but very quick. I had to run around to shoot everything and it was really hard to capture some of the small moments since they went so quickly. We had to reenact the ring part afterward and then we did a ton of family photos, shuffling people in and out. That's going to be something I need to work on if I continue doing weddings.

The reception was really great. We got the obligatory shots of the first dance, cake cutting, and dollar dance as well as tons of people dancing like fools. Those are always fun photos. I even got to eat! I needed it at this point. I had a couple of beers toward the end of the night once I got most of the shots I was going to. This was the only photo that was taken of me!

Dana and I felt like going somewhere else after the reception since it ended so early. We had a chance to talk for a while toward the end of the evening, but after everyone left we decided to go to PB's for some drinks.

We had a few and stayed there until it closed. We got to hear a Beatles cover band from outside and see a woman get arrested for stealing. Glassboro cops were on top of that. It was a good time and a really nice night outside.

No comments: