Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan 30, 2012

I felt like I had to get away for a while and I didn't get a job so I headed south to Susquehanna State Park in Maryland. It didn't take that long to get there, surprisingly. I found the trail and put on my layers and my pack and headed out.

I was bundled up, but as I walked it got warm quickly so I was shedding my layers a bit. The trail was mostly wooded with a few brief breaks for a view over the water.

Eventually I came to another entrance point to the trail where I could get off and check out the scenic view down the Susquehanna River. I love this view of all the bridges in the distance. It was a nice little stop and then I continued on. The path didn't get strenuous until about two miles after this point.

The rolling hills started and there were a few steep spots and stream crossings. That part was fun and there were some ruins of an old barn and silo that I walked through.

I was famished by the time I finished the hike and I headed straight for DuClaw when I got in my car. I sampled a few beers that I hadn't tried before while I waited for my blackened tuna sandwich. The sandwich took forever, but the beer was good and the sandwich was amazing once I finally got it.

I slowly made my way home after this and had a shower and hung out for the rest of the night.

No comments: