Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jan 28, 2012

Kate, Chuck, Shannon, and I went to Philly and found our way to The Piazza. We went to El Camino Real for a short time for a drink and then went over to Standard Tap for a better selection of beer.

I went to the main area with Shannon to get my press pass before the concert began. I ran into Mark and talked to him for a bit. It was filling up quickly. I went back to the bar to hang out and drink while the local band played.

I went back for the first few songs of fun. They were really great. I wish I had known more of their music before I saw them. I had a nice vantage point to shoot from in front of the barrier for the first three songs.

After a short break it was time for New Found Glory! I got the same deal with them, shooting from up front for the first three songs. It was great to see them from that perspective.

The crowd had certainly filled in by this point and they were going crazy. It felt like longer than three songs that I was up there.

Once my time was up I gave my camera to Shannon and went back to where I belong in the pit. They played a great set with a few surprise songs I didn't expect. After they finished we sat in the parking lot for a while trying to get out.

We dropped off Shannon and went to The Pour House for some food and drinks before we headed up the road to Delran for a house show. Gardening, Not Architecture was playing in the attic and we got there a little late, but still saw a good portion of her set and it was great.

Speaking of great, her backing band, Dinner and a Suit played next and they were awesome. Chuck and I really liked them and they were really cool guys as well.

We hung out talking to Sarah Saturday for a while. She's always super friendly and talkative. I got a book of photographs she took while on her trips across the country.

We eventually left and came home. It was a great day of music!

No comments: