Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jan 1, 2012

Kate's aunt had the family over for a late Christmas thing and lunch. There were plenty of hilarious stories being told about the younger crowd and good sandwiches to boot.

Ryan and I planned to start the year off right with a long distance run at Parvins. We headed over and looked at possible routes then took off. I took part of the normal trail followed by a large, paved loop in the back area that I've only been on briefly before.

After two laps on the paved route and two times around the lake I finally looked at my GPS to find that I was almost at ten miles, which was my goal. I happily ran the last bit and was surprised at how easy it felt to do it. We went to Moe's after our run, as we were both starving at that point.

Later we didn't know what to do so we met Laura at the Oar House and had a couple of beers, including one free one because we had a nice waitress, and talked for an hour or two.

It was a fairly quiet evening, but I was very happy with the results of my first run of 2012. I'm looking forward to a productive year!

No comments: