Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dec 16, 2008

I got up in the morning and had to sort through the semester's worth of drawings to get them all back together for Rachel. She wanted to see almost everything we had done. It was a lot when I hung it up. I had to run through the lines of bs with her about how I've improved and whatnot.. just hoping to talk my way into a better grade.

After that final critique, I continued blocking off the hallway with giant pieces of cardboard. You could still get through, I just made it harder.

It was my final installation for 3D Design. I had to make a 3D piece or installation in the style of an artist that I studied. The guy I did, Richard Serra, did huge steel structures that people could walk through, so I adapted that idea and used the hallway as part of my piece.

It was fun to walk through and everyone seemed to enjoy it mostly. Colleen is overly critical but I think she even liked it. I played Nathan's music for the Don & Chuck theme while people wandered through.

We took off right after my critique to New York. I had a surprise for Katie. She didn't know what we were doing at all until we got right about where this picture was taken.

It was snowing pretty crazy the whole time we were outside walking from Penn Station to the Nokia Theater.

Where Fall Out Boy was playing an actual show this time.

Tyga opened the show. He wasn't bad, he's got a lot of energy on stage too.

Fall Out Boy played a lot of old stuff and I was surprised not a lot of new songs.

Joe "Frohman" Trohman. The band had a lot of crazy stuff going on including dancers dressed like bears. It was pretty fun to watch.

They also busted out the light up guitars for "I Don't Care" and another song. Overall it was a good show, just not what their shows used to be. Blame the fans, not the band.

Another long drive home. But it was a fun night. Snow in New York is always good.

No comments: