Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nov 28, 2008

Unlike most people, I started my Black Friday by going to a few stores in the afternoon. I didn't buy anything. Then I went to the inspection station to get my car's failing sticker so I had an extra 45 days to get things fixed. By some amazing chance, my "Check Engine" light didn't come on while it was getting checked and it passed somehow.

My grandmom wanted to get some food so I suggested the usual and we got some lunch at Applebee's. The Kiwi Iced Tea is pretty good too.

I met Jeff and Sam later at the Millville Holiday Parade. It was cold out and I stood on the curb, watching trucks and what people considered floats go by for about an hour with Katie and Leeza.

These people are throwing candy to kids. It's strange that you're not supposed to take candy from strangers.. unless they're on a float? I guess people usually leave that last part off when they're warning children but somehow they figure it out.

After the parade we hung out in the bar for a while before going back to Jeff's house for our Thanksgiving leftover dinner party. We had leftovers from our dinner last night and Sam brought stuff that she made. The vegan pot pie she made was the best thing I've ever had.

We got to try some of the pie also. It was really good, but mildly dangerous because there are random pieces of aluminum foil in it that got stuck on some apples.

We hung out after getting really stuffed with leftover food and drank some beer, listened to music and talked for quite a while.

Thanksgiving part II was awesome. We also picked our Secret Santa names tonight so we have to be stealthy and buy gifts for certain people.

No comments: