Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sep 2, 2008

The day began early as I returned to Rowan for my dreaded semester. Color Theory started it all. I'm going to hate that class but at least I have a friend in there. Next was Figure Drawing with my Color & Design professor from last year.

We were in the class for less than thirty minutes, giving us over two hours until the next class. We made the most of the time and went to Olive Garden for the endless pasta bowl. And it was good.

We came back for Expressive Drawing with the same professor and for the same amount of time as the last class. So we had another two-plus hours to kill.

There was really nothing to do. I bounced around trying to find out how to use my financial aid to get the art supplies I need and found out the simple answer: I can't. Then I still had a lot of time until my last class.

After the introduction to my last class, 3D Design, we headed to Philly.

We got falafel at Maoz. It was awesome. The sign says it all.

We met Nate, Jenell and Jamie at the North Star Bar for their show. I watched some of the opening bands. There was a rock band and a jazz group. They were quite good.

Jenell and the Yets went on pretty late in the evening with a decent crowd.

It was Nathan's last show since he's moving out to LA in a month.

They had a guitarist temporarily filling in for Jimmy until they find a permanent replacement.

It was a good show. They played very well and there was a group of people dancing the whole time.

I was tired and ready to get some sleep after the long day I'd had. Can't wait to do it again Thursday.

No comments: