Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mar 31, 2012

After some much-needed rest we got back to it in the morning. We grabbed a breakfast sandwich on the way to the convention center and then I got into interview mode with a handful of NJ breweries. I think I got some good footage.

After the crowds came in I joined in the tastings once more before I decided I needed a break. I took a walk and went to the hotel to relax for a little while away from the insanity and lines.

When I came back it was even crazier since everyone was drunk. I wandered around and took some shots of what was going on and sampled a few more then I went back to the NJCB booth and hung out.

I chilled at the booth during the changeover and read a little bit until Kate got there at the beginning of the third and final session. I brought her inside and we began making the rounds. I was able to direct her to the best brews I had tasted so we were able to get around the whole place much more quickly.

Once Kate was sufficiently buzzed (drunk) we came back to the booth and hung out with everyone. Mike had to put up a sign letting everyone know that we just sell the discount cards and don't have beer. A lot of folks were quite disappointed when we couldn't fill up their little cups.

Once the final bell had sounded we packed up all the shit at our table and I brought the car in. It felt odd driving through the convention center. Once we were all packed up I headed to the hotel room to drop everything off.

We hung out for a bit at the hotel sipping on a bottle of Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Iron Hill. It was good stuff, but you know how it is after tasting beer all day. I was not interested in more than a taste.

Once we said our cheers and thank yous and goodbyes a few times in the hotel, Kate and I made our way back to the car and headed home. It was a great two days of AC Beer Fest, but I was ready for bed!

No comments: