Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mar 10, 2012


Today was the Craft Beer Express in Philly. Jeff, Kate, and I headed up in the morning and got to Jose Pistolas before they even opened. Once we got inside they had "Chuck Norris" specials, which were beers with tough sounding names. I got a Clown Shoes Eagle Claw Fist and we tried each other's beers while we waited for the first bus to show up. 


Basically you buy a wrist band and then you get to ride the bus to different bars all day. The bus shows up every 20 minutes or so, allowing you to spend as much time as you want at each bar without worrying about being stuck there.


We stopped at most of the bars on the trail, including Sidecar, which had a great selection of IPA and DIPA. I really liked the Green Flash IPA. We did a sampler to cut down on early drunkenness.


We went to POPE, Race Street Cafe, and Brauhaus Schmitz, getting drunker by the moment. By that point my judgment was impaired enough that I kept drinking anyway.


When we got to Kraftwork I realized that I didn't really want to drink anymore, so I left that up to Jeff and Kate. I sipped a few to try them, but I was no longer interested in imbibing.


Johnny Brenda's was the last place we stopped with the plan for actually getting beer. We stayed there for a little while before heading to the next stop, Bishop's Collar, for food. I got a quesadilla and a lot of water. It was a fun trip overall, but I just can't keep drinking after a certain point.


After coming home I was feeling much better but ready for bed. I went to the dock at Union Lake for a little while, and then came home to get to bed after a fun and long day.

No comments: