Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

I worked the Resource Room at Lakeside in the morning. I had a lot to do during the classes so the day went by pretty fast.

I met Ryan for a game of tennis in Vineland after work. I was terrible. Not playing in a long time has really injured my already poor game. We spent some time throwing some discs around at his house after we got done.

I went to the store and then to Katie's to prepare for the little bonfire. We skewered a bunch of veggies and got some marshmallows out for roasting.

I got the fire going and we started to roast our kabobs. They were really good. Chuck and Josie were the only ones joining us for a while.

The fire didn't need much to keep going, just needed to feed it some wood every now and then between feeding myself different things.

Nate showed up after a while and showed us the proper way to slowly cook your veggies. I didn't have the patience, I just wanted to eat them.

Ryan and Carissa came and roasted some mallows with us. Carissa is not a fan of burnt mallows.

We spent a bunch of time just sitting around the flames talking and some time just staring at the fire because we didn't need to talk. Fires are awesome.

It was a great night with friends around the fire with good food. It feels like summer.

No comments: