Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16, 2009

We woke up early in the morning and secured our tents in case of rain during the day and then headed off once we were ready.

We got bagel sandwiches at Habib's Cafe that were a nice breakfast.

We went to Patapsco State Park for our first round of disc golf. The course was set up really nice and had some challenging holes.

It was a little overgrown in some areas and lacked originality in a few spots but otherwise it was nice.

I would come back to play this one again.

After lunch, we headed over to Rockburn Branch Park for our second game. The sun came out and it was starting to get warm.

The course had a lot of picturesque areas but we lost a disc on almost every hole and had to go searching for it. Somehow we managed to not lose any the whole day but we spent a good hour or more in searching.

This one was fun at times but I probably won't be coming back.

We came back to camp and I got the fire going. Just about the time it was getting big enough, it started to rain. It was pouring for a while so Ryan and I retreated to the tents. Chuck and Nate were not so lucky since they were away from the site when it started. The fire kept going though and once the rained died down a bit I came out.

We roasted our food and enjoyed standing by the fire in the rain.

There are just too many great expressions in this picture.

I'm roasting my veggie sausage dog. We had dogs, mushrooms and corn that was really good. We stayed outside under the rain for an hour or so having our food while the fire slowly died down. It never went out while we were around it though and we were able to cook all of our food.

The tent was a little wet inside which was annoying but the night overall was a lot of fun. I read for a little bit with the crappy flashlight I got at Wal-Mart and then I went to sleep. The rain was a little disappointing but it didn't stop us from having a great night.

No comments: