Friday, April 20, 2012

Apr 20, 2012

I worked day two of my English job at the senior high, watching videos for most of the classes so the day went quickly. I met Ashley near UPenn and we went to Sitar for Indian buffet. It was delicious. I love Indian food and I don't get it nearly enough.

After printing my ticket I found an amazing free parking spot around the corner from the TLA and hung out at Dobb's and had a beer before going into the show. I got in to see Transit start their set and play some good stuff. The crowd wasn't too into it. Polar Bear Club played next and they were really good, but with a similar crowd reaction.

The Wonder Years were fantastic. They played pretty much every song I could possibly have wanted to hear and the crowd was great and energetic and fun. I can't believe I waited so long to get into these guys. I should have listened to Joanna. All of the bands came out at the end of "Bar Bands" to sing along and then get crazy on stage since it was the final night of the tour.

After a great show I went back to Ashley's and hung out looking through travel books and then trying to plot a route on Google Maps. After we did that we had some beers and spent the next few hours watching old music videos on YouTube. It was actually a lot of fun.

No comments: