Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jun 9, 2009

Katie had a surprise for me so I blindfolded myself this morning in the car and went off to someplace unknown to me.

I hadn't seen anything the whole trip but I knew we were in Philly somewhere. Then I was led to the surprise.

It might not look like much but it's actually the set of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! They were filming car scenes today!

During one of their breaks, Charlie Day came over to us and was so amazingly nice introducing himself and asking if we wanted to get pictures. Rob McElhenney came over as well and was just as great. They signed our DVDs and talked to us for a few minutes. Charlie is really the happiest, nicest guy you could meet. He offered to take our DVDs and had the rest of the cast sign them. We didn't even ask. Such a great guy.

We watched them shoot a few scenes where they're running over a bike, sure to be a classic episode. Danny DeVito said hello to the people standing around during the down time.

One of the crew offered us the clapboard to take a picture with. Everyone on the set was so nice to us, not just telling us to get out of the way (which we were trying our best to do!)

On the next break, Kaitlyn Olson stopped to take pictures with us.

She was in a hurry but she was great too.

We also caught Danny DeVito before he headed back to his trailer.

This was an awkward picture.

Another TV legend, Fred Savage, took a moment to talk to us and take a picture!

After that fun-filled morning we went to get lunch at a vegan place in Marlton. They made an awesome buffalo 'chicken' cheesesteak. We rushed back to town after this so I could get to work on time, which I didn't. It turned out that the meetings I was in to cover had been canceled so I didn't even have to be there. Still got paid for half a day though.

I took a nap before Quizzo, where Jeff and Jimmy joined us as we got our asses kicked by the giant other teams that were there tonight. We didn't know anything though.. we actually got more in the sports round than in the music round. Weird.

It was an exciting and awesome day and now I'm gonna watch Sunny while I go to sleep. Wild card, bitches!

No comments: