Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feb 5, 2012

Alex and I looked up places to go and decided to go to Ramapo Reservation for a supposedly rocky, hilly hike. It took some time to find the trail head and then the trail itself. The hike began heading down on a somewhat rocky trail that led back up to a few brief overlooks of the surrounding mountains.

We did get a couple of nice stream crossings and we walked along a stream for a while where I got some nice shots of the water cascading down the rocks. The weather was pretty nice so that was a bonus.

The trail led through an old camp and past this frozen lake where we stopped for a while and enjoyed the view. After some more up and down over the most rocky terrain on the hike we made our way back to the car and went about looking for lunch. It was a nice hike and we got to catch up on a lot.

We found a Thai restaurant nearby and got some good food and good advice. I was so hungry when we got there I ate a bunch of the chips and duck sauce before our meals came so I had leftovers.

After a fun day in North Jersey I returned south and went to Kate's for a while to tell her about my weekend.

No comments: