Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feb 4, 2012

I drove up the Turnpike in the morning to the Meadowlands Convention in Secaucus and entered the giant building to a bunch of people hanging beer signs and getting their booths ready for the International Great Beer Expo. Despite the name it looked like it was going to be pretty awesome.

I found our people and we set up our table with New Jersey Craft Beer merch and info and just waited for people to come in. They opened the gates and people flooded in and I started making the rounds sampling beers and taking tons of photos.

There was so much to try I couldn't even try everything. I got some great shots and tried some really good beers. Otter Creek had an amazing coffee porter and Innis & Gunn's new Oak Barrel Aged Scottish Stout is fantastic.

I was drinking too fast and I had to go to my car and take a short nap to recover and slow down. I came back in for session number two and paced myself better. I was definitely in and out of drunkenness throughout the day. Two sessions is a really long time. One of my favorite beers of the day was a French beer called Gavinroche. It's a red ale. After the long day, we packed up the table and carried everything out to the cars and said farewell.

I had to wait for Alex to get home from a function so I went to the river walk in Hoboken and enjoyed the fresh air and the view of the city for a while until she called me.

I went back to her place and we talked for a while before I was ready to get to sleep. It was a great day. The people I met were really fun and I got to sample plenty of beer that I haven't had before.

No comments: