Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jun 27, 2013


We ended up leaving the house a little late, but that was okay. We went to Warwick DGC, where we played a fun round. It's a great course with a lot of challenging shots. We shot pretty well, even after it started to rain a little bit toward the end. After eating we went to Conscious Fork for lunch. I got this amazing bowl with kale, tofu, and veggies. It was absolutely wonderful. I would like to eat something like this every day. I had a tasty smoothie with it as well and a macaroon to go that was also fantastic. I want more!


Our next stop was the Campgaw/Mighty Gaw course. They changed the names so it's all Campgaw now, but the different layouts are Green, Blue, and Black. We played the long one; Black, I think. It used to be Mighty Gaw. The course is quite short on the first few holes, but it gets very soon after when you get to the uphill shots. That one uphill shot is a pain. Through the dense woods we made it to the top and around the other side.


Once playing the back area and down the fun drop shot through the thick woods, we came back up through the high grassy, annoyingly steep shots that I always consider skipping. We saw this little guy in the grass, hiding and scared when we almost tripped over her! Our final shots down the big open ski trail always seem like they will be fun. Inevitably, they are bad shots and we end up searching forever for our discs. We never learn. After collecting all of our discs from the grasses, I took Joanna home and then headed home myself.

No comments: