Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jun 26, 2013


I picked up Joanna in the morning and we headed to Field of Dreams DGC. We had a fun round, remembering a lot of the holes as we went along. I had some good shots where I'd remember how I messed it up the last time. After our game we headed over to Mt. Tammany and got into the hike. The somewhat steep and rocky trail is always shorter than I think it is, but the boulder section is always fun.


And of course, the view is always worth it. I have a whole different perspective on this view now. I'm still in love with it, but after seeing so many sweeping views of huge mountains in the west it seems tame to me at this point. I remember thinking how amazing it was to be standing above the flying hawks, but now I don't get that feeling. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for the beautiful views of New Jersey, but it just feels a little different now.


We decided to do some geocaching on our trail back. We started in a somewhat overgrown area where blazing through the brush on the side of the mountain wasn't the easiest thing to do. We finally came upon the small cash after finding a rock lodged in a hollow tree that was concealing it. Then we stayed off the trail for a little longer before heading back.


On our way down we hiked on rocky, open trails that eventually met up with the White Blazes of the Appalachian Trail. We talked about hiking the trail and what it would be like once we left, not having a place to go home to for the night when we finished. It all seems so scary and exciting.


Of course I had to partake in some stream crossing shenanigans before we got done. I remember doing some of this stuff with Ryan when we came a few years ago, but I'm not sure I crossed like this.



Once we had our fill of messing around on the rocks and fallen trees near the waterfalls, we took some more photos and then made our way down the last bit of the trail to the car. It was a good day of hiking.


Next stop: New Brunswick. We went to Tata's Pizza, where they have some tasty vegan slices. I was almost hit by a car crossing the street because I wasn't paying attention. Good save, Joanna. We took our food and ate in the parking lot at Brunswick Zone before going in for a few games. I haven't been bowling in so long, but I still remember how it seems! I'm not better or worse than I ever was. After that we headed back to her house for the night.

No comments: