Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sep 18, 2011

Ryan and I got to the gym in the early afternoon for our third day of working out, this time working on pull-ups and related exercises. I can't do pull-ups. Gotta work on that a lot.

After showering and having something to eat I met Chuck to do some editing. We started cutting up the files further and moving them around to make a more coherent story out of our many minutes of video.

After editing for a while I went to Joanna's and we headed up to Philly, drove around for quite a while looking for parking and then went to Blackbird Pizzeria for foods. I got the vegan cheesesteak, which was really good. I always want to get the BBQ thing again. Next time.

We headed over to the TLA for night two of the discography tour for Motion City Soundtrack. They came out and played their third album, Even If It Kills Me. I personally love this album. There are some songs on there that are my favorites of theirs so I have a soft spot. It was great seeing some of those songs live. Especially "The Conversation."

My Dinosaur Life was up next after the little break and that is another killer record that is high energy. All of those songs are fun live and it, and therefore the show, ends with "The Weakends" which is my favorite song on the album and one of my favorite songs of theirs ever. I think this show was the better of the two. Lots of fun and great songs that I love.

The drive home felt long after a long weekend of back and forth to Philly/Camden. I tried to get to bed because I knew I had to be up early.

No comments: